STEPS FOR DIETARY CHANGES FOR STONE PREVENTION .
- Stone analysis which will precisely pin point the composition of your stone, Grossly making changes in diet might not be useful and you may present with repeat stone formation.
- This is better done along with a dietitian advice however you can consult Urolife stone centre staff and make the changes.
- Most common stones are calcium and oxalate hence the staff will guide your diet changes depending on your stone analysis report.
- Taking upto 3 liters of fluid and that too in form of plain water is one of most important habit to be followed.
- You will be expected to make changes with foods such as
- Containing high sodium, calcium, canned food,
- High protein diet
- Citrate intake
- Commercially processed foods
- Reduce oxalate content foods such as peanuts, beets, spinach, potatoes
- Red meat and shellfish
- Sweetener rich foods
- Low fat and dairy products
- High vegetable diet
- Alcohol intake
- Fruit juices
- Animal protein chicken fish, pork and eggs
- Certain vitamin supplements, vitamin, C B12 and fish liver oils
The above changes will be specifically made to prevent your stone type.
Get in touch with Urolife Stone Centre for more information.