How are these small kidney stones formed?
- Kidney function to filter the blood and while doing so they make urine as a byproduct.
- In some cases, salts and different minerals in urine concentrates and remain together to shape little kidney stones.
- These range from the size of a sugar gem to fine particles 3 to 6 mm and even more and subsequently they cause blockage in urine flow.
- They may cause serious pain and in some case they may be pushed into the ureters and further cause pain and swelling within kidneys .
Need to treat small stone particles in medical fitness tests of merchant navy, armed forces and pilots ..
Most small stone particles 2 to 5 mm in kidneys do not cause pain or infection, whereas when they pass to ureters they might become symptomatic.
High need of treatment is sought in medical fitness cases such as in armed forces, merchant navy and in pilots .
They are required to be stonefree so as to clear their medical fitness tests.
Treatment of small stones
- The most widely recognized clinical method for treatment kidney stones is known as extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL).
- This treatment utilizes high-shock waves to break a kidney stone into little pieces. -The little pieces would then be able to travel through the urinary lot all the more without any problem. Reactions can incorporate muddy urine ,mild burning and can be well tolerated if you take lots of water and remain active.
- At the point when a stone has advanced out of the kidney and is near the bladder, the most widely recognized methodology is ureteroscopy. A fine tube which is flexible is inserted through the urinary passage till the stone.
- A specialist separates the stone and evacuates the sections through the tube. No cuts are made in the body.
These small stones are turned into small particles using internal lithotripsy and the loose particles are sucked out thereby opening up the ureter fully.
- For small stones of sizes 3 to 7 mm within kidney unresponsive to ESWL, another laser procedure called as RIRS is done.
- This is intra renal procedure where the small stones are localized and evacuated after laser dusting under camera control by the urologist .