The prostate or prostate gland is part of the male reproductive system. This is situated just below the bladder. With age, this prostate gland tends to increase in size, which puts pressure on the bladder. Due to this, the bladder is blocked and disables the urine to flow out of the body.
This causes the bladder to become full of urine, thereby weakening it. The person always feels the bladder is full. Such a situation is termed as an enlarged prostate or technically BPH (Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia). This can be treated through Prostate Laser treatment in Delhi.
The Risk Involved With BPH
Besides having trouble in urinating, here are some of the other risk factors involved with enlarged prostate gland or BPH.
- Hereditary factor: Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia is a genetic disease that can get passed on to generations. This means if a man has been diagnosed with BPH, his near relative i.e brother or son will likely develop the same symptom when they reach a certain age.
- Ageing: Ageing is a sure shot that makes the prostate gland to get enlarged with time. Men over the age of 50 experiences are less significant than men over the age of 80. However, there is still a decent percentage of men that doesn’t experience the symptoms of BPH at all. This largely is affected by the lifestyle the person holds.
- Diabetic person: A man with diabetes is at a higher possibility to develop enlarged prostate gland or BPH. It is also one of the most significant factors of developing enlarged prostate gland. This is because a type 2 diabetes person has high glucose levels that increase the progression of BPH.
- Obesity: Obesity or higher body mass in men means an increase in the waistline circumference. Men with greater and increased waistline tend to be more prone to developing Benign Prostate Hyperplasia. Moreover, obesity is also a leading cause of diabetes, high cholesterol and high BP.
- Erectile Dysfunction: Erectile dysfunction and BPH symptoms go hand in hand. BPH doesn’t cause Erectile dysfunction but the medicines involved in the procedure of enlarged prostate gland makes it difficult to get an erection.
Risks involved with genetic factors cannot be reverted. However, with adopting a proper lifestyle and exercising properly, the risk of BPH can be lowered to a great extent. Exercising reduces inflammation and proper better utilization of insulin in the body. If nothing seems to work out, you can get a Prostate enlargement treatment in New Delhi.