Lithotripsy is a shock wave therapy for the removal of kidney stones. It is an acceptable treatment for the patients. The treatment is used mostly for the treatment of distal ureteral calculi.
As a Delhi resident it is very important that you select the best lithotripsy treatment so that you may eradicate the problem from the roots.
The followings tips shall help you in choosing the best lithotripsy treatment:
- Clinical Parameters: Patient’s selection plays an important role in the treatment. His stone burden, anatomical location, contrast CT etc. are taken into consideration so before going through the treatment get all your parameters evaluated.
- Experts: the treatment requires expertise. The reason for this that the treatment involves the dissolving of stones with the help of waves that are introduced inside the body with help of machines. So it’s very important that you go through the machines and the skills of the persons who shall give you the treatment. Always prefer the experts.
- Trained: make sure that the team of persons and the doctors involved during the procedure are trained and qualified as well. Go through the procedure and techniques they follow during the treatment.
- Well Recognized: make sure that the team of doctors and the hospital is recognized well throughout the city and patients who have taken treatment from them have them has positive reviews about the hospital. Also make sure that they cover a wide range of urologic specialties.
- Proven Treatments: make sure that the experts offer proven treatment. Do make sure that you are very well about your condition at each and every step of the procedure performed and you are provided with full support also.
- Research well: there are patients who do not respond well to the treatment and have to face lots of side effects after the procedure. So talk to your doctor about the treatment frankly and also its advantages and disadvantages specifically when there are many options of doctors available in a metro city like Delhi.
- Success Rate and Safety: with every second technology changes and so do the procedure of treatment. If you are Delhi based take a walk through various hospitals and see the difference in lithotripsy treatments followed in each and also go through their success rates and safety.
With so many options available keep the above things in mind before choosing lithotripsy treatment for yourself.