If you feel you have symptoms of kidneys stone, then you would probably understand the urgency and importance of getting a Kidney Stone Analysis or getting diagnosed.
The truth is most people tend to postpone these tests till the symptoms get severe and the stone size increases and thus they fail to take advantage of simple and fast tests available in medical science.
In a recent study, it was found that above 65 % of people with identical symptoms of stone postpone the tests for a year.
Here are the main lists of simple and non-invasive tests to detect or eliminate the presence of stone in your urinary system.
- Get your urine tested by procedure called urinalysis.
- Blood tests will detect if the infection is present in the blood.
- X-ray of KUB (Kidney urinary bladder region )
- CT scan preferably, a non-contrast scan called NCCT scan is needed.
Understanding the results of these tests:
Blood tests will show the level of calcium, uric acid, urea, and creatinine and these indicate constitutes of stone and also indicate kidney function.
You have to visit your GP who will if needed refer you to a urologist if there are reports which suggest kidney stones or blockage.
Once diagnosed it is always better to get them removed as early as possible to avoid further infections and episodes of pain.
There are also tests that indicate your risk of getting stones and these are called Kidney stone risk panel.
In these panels, there will be few abnormal levels that will show your risk of getting stones in future.
Kidney Stone Risk Panel
Level of urine calcium, urine oxalate, urine uric acid, and urine citric acid are the parameters that are assessed.
A high stone risk report will show the below pattern.
|Urine uric acid||High|
|Urine citric acid||Low|
Tests needed if stone is found.
If your doctor finds that a stone is present, these further testing will be needed.
• Blood testing: Blood tests may show too much calcium or uric acid in your blood. Blood test results also assess your kidney function level which is indirect evidence of ability of kidney to flush out small early stone particles.
• Urine 24 hour collection: The 24-hour urine collection shows constituents of stone and a few stone prevention substances level.
For this test, your two consecutive days sample will be needed.
• Imaging: Can be done by CT scan and ultrasound along with a plain x-ray. Simple abdominal X-rays can miss small stones due to bowel gas and ultrasound can also detect backpressure changes.
• Chemical Analysis of passed stones particles: These particles are analyzed chemically to ascertain the composition of stones. This analysis will determine the causative factors and thereafter diet charting can be done to avoid further ecurrences.
If you are feeling kidney stones inside you, then without delay you should do Kidney Stones Diagnosis in Delhi. You can know the cost of Kidney Stone Treatment by filling a contact form sitting at home by the best urologist doctor.